Our kids will be out of school soon for their school break and the BEST way to avoid the “Mom, he’s annoying me!!!” chatter is to keep them occupied. Can any other parents relate?!
These crayons are SO fun to make and super cheap. We have a TON of leftover crayon pieces so that’s what gets melted. Grab any kind of mold, or check out the different dinosaur molds on Amazon.
Dino Crayons Supplies
- 24 Crayons
- Silicone Mold
- Sharp knife
Dino Crayons Directions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove the wrappers from your crayons, by carefully scoring the crayon wrapper from top to bottom and the wrapper should slide right off (some you might have to peel).
- Break your crayons into thirds (or better yet use already broken crayons).
- Place your crayons inside the molds, filling them about halfway.
- Place your mold on a baking pan in the oven, cook for about 8 minutes.
- Carefully take your pan out of the oven, and set on a flat surface in the freezer for around 20 minutes, or until your crayons are cool and solid.
- Carefully remove the crayons from your molds by stretching the sides of the molds and pressing up on the bottom of each mold.
Depending on the size of your mold, the 24 crayons in the supplies made 6 dinosaurs. You can always melt more depending on your specific mold too.