This lip balm is a refreshing mix of citrus essential oils that will make your lips feel great. It uses all natural ingredients in its base that are easy to find so you know exactly what's going onto your lips!
Grapefruit and Lime Lip Balm Ingredients
- 1.5 oz, Beeswax
- 2 TBS, Unrefined Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp, Sweet Almond Oil
- 10-15 drops, Lime Essential Oil
- 10-15 drops, Grapefruit Essential Oil
- Lip Balm Containers (similar to these on Amazon)
Grapefruit and Lime Lip Balm Directions
The best way to start is to have your containers already lined up, and ready to fill. You don’t want the beeswax getting too hot and losing its properties or burning.
- Melt your beeswax in a double boiler over medium heat. If you don't have a double boiler, you can always melt the beeswax in a tin can inside a sauce pan.
- Once the beeswax starts to boil, put the burner on a low setting and leave it there. Stir once or twice in the process until the beeswax is fully melted into a nice, smooth liquid. The melting time will vary depending on which type of beeswax you’re using. The brick type takes longer.
- Stir the coconut oil into the beeswax until fully melted.
- Finally, add the sweet almond oil the grapefruit and lime essential oils.
- Now you're ready to fill the lip balm containers.
- Keep the water on the lowest setting to keep the wax warm while you fill up the containers.
Just a note: the wax will start to firm up quick. If it starts to harden while you’re pouring, just melt it again over the double boiler. When all of the containers are filled, let the lip balms set up for a few hours. Once solid, put on your lids. You can make and apply labels if you're planning to give to friends or as gifts.
Use our long handle measuring spoons to measure this recipe.