I have been teaching our youngest son how to clean the toilet bowl. It’s quite hilarious, actually. They get so grossed out by it and I remind them that is how I feel when I clean *their* bathroom! I’m so glad they can do this job on their own. Our older boys have been responsible for this *dirty* job for a while now.
If you are looking for homemade toilet cleaner, you definitely want to try this DIY Toilet cleaner recipe! These are so simple to prepare. The combination of toilet cleaner ingredients really does make sure your toilet bowl is clean along with smelling fresh thanks to the combination of essential oils!
Homemade Toilet Bowl Cleaner Ingredients
- ½ cup, Citric Acid
- 1 cup, Baking Soda
- ½ cup, Borax
- 15-20 drops, Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil (this recipe uses Grapefruit and Citrus Oils)
- Mixing Bowl
- Muffin Tin or a Square Silicone Mold
- Spray Bottle of Water
Homemade Toilet Bowl Cleaner Directions
- Begin by mixing your dry ingredients (citric acid, baking soda, and Borax) in your mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add in the 15-20 drops of grapefruit or other citrus essential oil of your choice. You might notice some minor fizzing and bubbling when the dry mixture gets wet. This is to be expected. Just continue to briskly stir.
- Lightly mist the mixture with your spray bottle. Again you may notice some fizzing. Pack the mixture into the muffin tin or the mold of your choice. You will notice it has sort of a dry dough texture, will be slightly crumbly, but will stick together when packed in well. If not, spray with a little more water.
- Pack the mixture in firm and tight. Place the tray or molds in a cool place to dry for 12 hours.
- The toilet fizzies should pop out of the tin rather easily. Just pop them out and store them in an air tight container until you are ready to use them.
- To use your toilet fizzies, simply drop them into the toilet water, allow them to dissolve, swish with your toilet brush, and flush!
The Borax will act as a powerful cleaning agent while the baking soda helps break down water stains and other grease and grime. The citric acid will cause the bubbling effect and send super cleansing bubbles throughout the bowl, while your citrus essential oil of choice is sure to make your bowl smell great!
Give this easy toilet bowl fizzies recipe a try and see how clean your toilet can get!
Be sure to save this post on Pinterest for later!