Here's a little known fact about me: I worked at the local dairy cone growing up. Yeap. And, I could make an AWESOME ice cream bar. We called them dilly bars. I have no idea why they were called that, but they were.
The process to make those ice cream bars were more tedious than this, as it involved ice cream from the machine. These ice cream bars are as about as easy as it gets! Play around with the flavors and toppings to make these customized treats!
Ice Cream Bars Ingredients
- Ice Cream Pint (choose whatever flavor)
- 1 Cup, Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 TBS, Coconut Oil
- Crushed Oreos
- Crushed Pecans
- Miniature M&M's
- 3 – 5″ Wooden Taster Sticks
Ice Cream Bars Directions
- Place your chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Snip the top of your ice cream pint and carefully peel the wrapper off.
- Place your ice cream pint on it's side on a cutting board and slice into 3 even sections.
- Carefully press a wooden taster stick into the bottom of each ice cream slice.
- Hold onto the wooden stick and dip the top half of your ice cream into the melted chocolate and place onto a piece of parchment paper.
- Immediately top your melted chocolate with either Oreos, pecans, and M&M's.
- Let harden for a minute or two and enjoy!
Keep them in a freezer-safe bag for up to 2 weeks. I doubt they will last that long!
Use our long handle measuring spoons to stir and top the bars in this recipe.