I never truly appreciated the garden tub in our bathroom until we didn’t have it anymore. We did a bathroom renovation and opted to replace the tub with a big shower instead. Well, it wasn’t long before I regretted that decision!
We have since moved and have a garden tub again. Of course, now I can’t find much time to enjoy a relaxing bath! So, these shower melts will be a great substitute for when I’m short on time but really want to relax. As an added bonus, they are inexpensive to make too!
Lavender Shower Melts Ingredients
- 1 cup, Corn Starch
- 2 TBS, Water
- 5-7 drops, Lavender Essential Oil
- Our Favorite Measuring Spoons
- Ice Cube Tray (mini works best)
Lavender Shower Melts Directions
- Place the lavender essential oil and corn starch in a bowl. Mix well. The mixture will look like a crumbly powder.
- Add in a few drop of both blue and red food coloring (optional) and continue to mix well. You may not notice a great deal of coloring until you do step 3 below.
- Add in the two tablespoons of water. Continue to mix to the colors disperse and clumps begin to form. Please note that this amount of water will NOT be enough to make the paste you are after. It is however a starting point so you can carefully ration water in and form your paste.
- Continue adding a few drops of water at a time, mixing well as you do. Once you have a thick paste, transfer the mixture to your mini ice cube tray. Smooth the mixture out flat.
- Freeze the contents for 1 hour or until the mixture is set.
To use your lavender essential oil shower melts, place the melt on the floor of the shower and turn the water on. Enjoy the shower as you usually would, yet as the water and steam hits the melt it will break down and diffuse the aroma of the oil into the air.
As long as you didn’t overdo the mixture with water, you do not need to leave the melts frozen. You can place them in a jar and store them in a cool and dry place. If your cubes seem like they are runny, opt to store them in the freezer instead.
Don’t forget to Pin this on Pinterest to save it!