It's that time of the year – Girl Scout Cookie season! Once you get your “sleeve” of those amazing thin mints, you will have a head start on the ingredients for this recipe! Of course you can use the Keebler Grasshopper cookies, but there is something about those Thin Mints!
This would be a great recipe to make for a birthday party or classroom snack too since the size is small and portable.
Mint Cookie Ice Cream Cups Ingredients
- 48 oz tub, Mint Ice Cream
- 1.5 cups, Heavy Cream
- 12 oz, Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 package, Chocolate Mint Cookies
- Cupcake Wrappers
Mint Cookie Ice Cream Cups Directions
- Set the ice cream out to allow it to soften.
- Insert cupcake wrappers in two muffin pans.
- Place the chocolate mint cookies in a food processor and pulse a few times until they are crushed (can also place in a ziplock bag and use a rolling pin to crush).
- Sprinkle a layer into the bottom of each cupcake wrapper.
- Top with a layer of the softened mint chocolate ice cream – leaving about a quarter of an inch space at the top for the chocolate layer.
- Place the cupcake pans in the freezer while completing the next step.
- Using a small sauce pan on low heat, melt the chocolate chips – stirring consistently.
- Add the heavy cream and combine. Additional heavy cream may be added to taste, if desired.
- Remove the cupcake pans from the freezer, and pour the chocolate sauce on top of the ice cream layer. Optional – add a few chocolate chips or sprinkles to the top.
- Place the cupcake pans back in the freezer for at minimum 1 hour to allow the mint ice cream cookie cups to harden.
This recipe makes 2 dozen ice cream cups. Be sure to store the ice cream cookie cups in an airtight container in the freezer.
Use our long handle measuring spoons to measure and stir this recipe.