Do you have a Mickey Mouse or Disney lover in the house? These cookies will make them SO HAPPY! These would be perfect treats to make for a trip countdown to Disney!
- 3/4 cup, Butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup, Granulated Sugar
- 1 TBS, Almond Extract
- 1 Egg
- 2 cups, All-Purpose Flour
- Pinch Salt
- Miniature M&M's
- Black Gel Icing
- Wilton Red Candy Melts (found here)
- 3″ Circle Cookie Cutter
- 1″ Circle Cookie Cutter
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a hand or stand mixer to beat your butter and sugar together.
- Mix in your almond extract and egg.
- Mix in your flour and salt.
- Form your dough into a ball and roll it out.
- Use your 3″ circle to cut your shapes out.
- Then use your 1″ to cut out small circle ears by placing the cookie cutter inside the cut out circle to make 1″ circles that fit onto your larger cut out circle.
- Place two 2 1″ circles onto the top of your larger circle for ears and carefully roll your dough Mickey Mouse head out so the ears stick to the head.
- Place on your baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes depending on the thickness of your cookie.
- Heat 1 cup red candy melts in a microwave safe dish for 2-3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Once your cookies cool dip the bottom on your cookie into the red chocolate and place onto the parchment paper and let harden.
- Use your black gel icing to draw a straight line across the top of the red chocolate and place two red M&M's onto the black line.
Let me know if you try them, and I would love to see pics with you and the kids with them too!
Use our long handle measuring spoons to measure and stir this recipe.