We are in the midst of a crazy busy sports season. We have 6 games this week alone! Game admission adds up fast. If we can eat before a game and minimize concession stuff, that helps with the budget!
I try my best to have something prepared for dinner before we leave for a game so at least my husband, me and our youngest son can run out the door having eaten something. These slow cooker chicken tacos are easy to throw in the crock early in the day and bundle in aluminum foil for a mess-free car ride.
Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Tacos Ingredients
- 5 boneless chicken breasts (3 lb package)
- 1 packet, Taco Seasoning
- 1 Onion (diced)
- 1 can, Chopped Green Chillies (4.5 oz, undrained)
- 1 can, Fire Roasted Tomaotoes (14.5 oz)
- ½ cup, Fresh Cilantro (chopped)
- Corn or Flour Tortillas
- Optional Toppings: Shredded Cheese, Sour Cream, Salsa, Guacamole, Lettuce Tomato (all the normal fixins)
Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Tacos Directions
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning evenly over the chicken and top with diced onion.
- Pour cans of fire roasted tomatoes and green chilies over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove lid and shred the chicken with two forks (or shred with your stand mixer). Add chopped cilantro and incorporate into chicken mixture.
Let me know if you try these!
Use our long handle measuring spoons to stir this recipe.