Andes mints are one of our family's favorite sweet treats. My mother-in-law always has them in the candy jar. We always raid the mints when we go for a visit! This grasshopper bark is the perfect combination of mint and chocolate, with the best mints on top!
Grasshopper Chocolate Bark Ingredients
- 16 oz, White Chocolate Chips
- 16 oz, Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 box, Andes Crème de Menthe Thins
- Green Food Coloring
- 1 tsp, Mint Extract (optional)
Grasshopper Chocolate Bark Directions
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Unwrap the entire box of Andes Crème de Menthe thins and chop them coarsely. Set aside.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in a bowl according to package directions. Add mint extract if desired and stir to combine. Add 3 drops of green food coloring (or more depending on desired color).
- Spread the white chocolate layer evenly on the prepared baking sheet. The bark does not need to cover the entire pan – it can be a thicker or a thinner consistently depending on personal preference. Refrigerate the white chocolate layer for at least 15 minutes to allow it to harden.
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips in a bowl according to package directions. Once the white chocolate layer is hardened, spread the melted semi-sweet chocolate over the top evenly.
- Immediately sprinkle the coarsely chopped mints onto the bark and gently press larger pieces into the top. Refrigerate bark for 30 minutes to allow it to set.
- Once cooled, place the bark onto a cutting board and using a sharp knife, break the bark into pieces.
The bark may be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. I doubt it will last that long!
Use our long handle measuring spoons to measure and stir this recipe.