Our kids started back to school recently which means treats need to be ready for after-school snacks and packing lunches. These are so easy to make, much cheaper than store-bought and just plain fun! You can use any type of cookie cutter or just make plain square graham crackers. Grab your utensi measuring spoons and get to measuring!
Homemade Graham Crackers Ingredients
- 2 cups, All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup, Whole Wheat Flour
- 2/3 cup, Brown Sugar (packed)
- 3 TBS, Wheat Germ (usually with the oatmeal in the grocery store)
- 1 tsp, Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp, Salt
- 1/2 tsp, Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup, Butter (cold)
- 1/4 cup, Honey
- 2 TBS, Milk
- 1 tsp, Vanilla
Homemade Graham Crackers Directions
- Heat oven to 350.
- In a food processor, add: white flour, wheat flour, brown sugar, wheat germ, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Process for about 30 seconds until mixed together well.
- Cut cold butter into cubes and add to food processor. Process for less than a minute, until fine crumbs form and the butter is combined well.
- Add honey, milk and vanilla. Cover and process for about a minute until the mixture starts to hold together.
- Add additional milk, (one tablespoon at a time) if necessary to create a smooth dough. The dough will be dry, not moist, so be careful not to add too much milk.
- Remove from processor and knead with hands to combine and create dough.
- On a clean, floured work surface, roll dough 1/8″ thick with a rolling pin. Use cookie cutters to cut shapes into your dough or use a knife to cut squares or sticks. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet about 1″ apart.
- Bake 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on a wire rack.
If you do use a cookie cutter, you will want a smaller one to make around 1″ to 1-1/2″ shapes. That size makes it portable for lunches and great for snacking!
Use our long handle measuring spoons to measure and stir this recipe.