Once you start making your own personal care items, you will want to continue to do it. For one, it’s super convenient to be able to prepare your own items when you run out. Also, it’s frugal. You purchase most ingredients in bulk and can make several batches for the price of what you would pay for a replacement.
This soap will be one that you rotate through your personal care stash. They make great gifts too and everyone will love them!
Scarlet Mica Powder Soap Ingredients
- Silicone Ice Cube Molds (like these)
- 2/3 cups, Pour and Melt Soap (several here)
- 1/2 tsp, Sweet Almond Oil
- 2-3 drops, Essential Oils
- (2) .15 cc Scoops (found here)
- Cosmetic Grade Mica Powder (found here)
(we used Scarlet Sparkle)
** Mica Powders will stain so make sure you lay newspaper down before using. **
Scarlet Mica Powder Soap Directions
- Melt about 6-8 ice cube sized blocks of soaps in a glass measuring cup in the microwave (more or less until you have 2/3 cup melted).
- Once melted, mix in your sweet almond oil and essential oil of your choice.
- Mix in your mica powder with a disposable wooden stir stick until completely dissolved. Note: the mica powder will stain so we do not recommend using your wooden spoons to stir or mix.
- Pour into your silicone molds and lightly mist the top with rubbing alcohol to prevent air bubbles from forming of the surface (optional).
- Freeze for 15-30 minutes and carefully remove each cube from the molds by stretching out the sides and pressing up on the bottoms.
You can reuse other molds to make different shapes with the same recipe. Mix it up with different essential oils as well. The sky is the limit!