You can make your own Olive Garden dinner at home for much less! And aren't these the best breadsticks ever?!! Give me the soup and salad combo and I'm content! Although, I've been eliminating gluten lately so I would have to skip the breadsticks. Maybe I'll make a version of gluten-free so I can enjoy them at home. If you have any suggestions, let me know!
Copycat Olive Garden Breadsticks Ingredients
- 4-5 cups, All Purpose Flour
- 1 ½ cups, Warm Water
- 2 TBS, Sugar
- 2 TBS, Olive Oil
- 1 TBS, Yeast
- 1 Tablespoon, Salt
- 3 TBS, Butter (melted)
- 1 TBS, Sea Salt
- 1 tsp, Garlic Powder
Copycat Olive Garden Breadsticks Directions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl pour in the water, sugar, and yeast. Cover with a dish towel and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Once the yeast has activated, add salt, olive oil and 2 cups of flour until thoroughly mixed.
- Add in the rest of the flour while continuously mixing until dough comes off the side of the bowl clean.
- Cover and let the dough rise for 30 minutes.
- Roll dough into one long tube (about ¾ inch in diameter).
- Cut dough tube in 7-8 inch pieces.
- Place dough sticks on greased cookie sheets and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Brush dough sticks with ½ of the melted butter and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until golden brown
- Mix remaining butter and garlic powder and brush on top of breadsticks.
This recipe makes approximately 16 breadsticks. These freeze great too. If this batch is too big for your family, just wrap them in foil and freeze for up to a month.
Use our long handle measuring spoons to measure and stir this recipe.