It’s pumpkin season. That means it’s all things pumpkin all the time – HA! Seriously though, I remember my very first time toasting pumpkin seeds. I was in Kindergarten in Mrs. Putnam’s class and our snack for the day was toasted pumpkin seeds. I just remember them tasting so darn good!
Now that I’m all grown, this is a fun snack and activity with the kids. Let them get all the goopy seeds out of the pumpkin and them help season and stick them in the oven. We need to get our pumpkins soon so we can make this healthy snack!
Toasted Pumpkin Seeds Ingredients
- Seeds from 1 Large Pumpkin
- 1 TBS, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp, Sea Salt
- 1 TBS, Lawry’s Seasoning Salt
Toasted Pumpkin Seeds Directions
- Remove the seeds from the inside of your pumpkin.
- Rinse in a strainer until you get all the pumpkin goop off.
- Soak in a bowl of water with a pinch of salt for about 30 minutes.
- Rinse and place your seeds in a pot of boiling water, boil for about 10 minutes.
- Dry your seeds with a paper towel, place into a place dish, and toss with your olive oil, salt, and Lawry’s seasoning salt.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, tossing every 8-10 minutes.
Let cool and enjoy! Store these in a mason jar if they last that long!
Use our long handle measuring spoons to measure and stir this recipe.